April 17, 2013 Leave a comment
More great stuff from Leadership Freak – I love this part about “What is the Win?”.
The question is, “What is the win?” Define success in behavioral and emotional terms.
- What does winning look and feel like?
- What improved results are we seeking?
- How will we act differently?
- How will success be measured?
- What does implementation look like?
- Who are the champions?
- How will we celebrate wins and correct failures?
As coaches, we must define wins on a regular basis. What does winning a workout look like? What does winning a practice look like? What does winning a recruiting class look like? Winning a game (that you might have lost on the scoreboard)? Winning a year? Coaching is all about developing people through technique and motivation. You must define winning and how we will change behavior before you can go out and do it.